Christmas team members are constantly conducting various applied research projects that tacle priorities identified by the industry in Michigan. Current research projects include:
- Genetic improvement of Fraser fir species for Michigan
- Selection of new fir species for Michigan Christmas tree
- Sustainable Christmas tree Cropping Systems
- Cover crop management for Christmas tree
- Nutrition management for Fraser fir
- Environmental control of coning in Fraser fir
- Pot-in-Pot production
- Weed management in Christmas tree production
- Irrigation and water management
- Phytophtora and other disease issues
- Insect control
- Economic and market analysis.
For more information, contact Dr. Pascal Nzokou at email@example.com or call 517 432 5664.